Highlights from Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats recorded a 3-2 win over Gwinnet behind right-handed pitcher Matt Maloney, who surrendered just two runs in six and two-third innings. First baseman Todd Frazier was 2-3 with a run scored.
- The Lexington Legends scored three runs in the bottom of the tenth inning to earn a come-from-behind 9-8 win over Savannah. Second baseman Jose Altuve was 4-5 with a run scored, and left fielder Jacob Goebbert drove home the winning run with a single.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods held off a late Cedar Rapids rally to earn a 5-3 win. Third baseman Bennett Davis was 2-3 with a run scored and two RBI.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez was 3-4 with a home run, five RBI and two runs scored for low A Augusta.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher and 2010 White Sox drafteeThomas Royse took a no decision despite surrendering just one run on two hits in six innings for rookie-level Great Falls. Royse struck out six and walked none.
- Former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 2-4 with his eleventh home run of the season, one RBI and one run scored for AA Mobile.
- Former UK outfielder and 2010 Twins draftee Lance Ray slugged his second home run of the season for low A Beloit.
- Former UofL infielder and 2010 Rays draftee Phil Wunderlich slugged his third professional home run for short-season Hudson Valley.
- Former WKU catcher Jordan Newton slugged his first home run of the season since returning to affiliated ball with high A Bradenton.
- Former Campbellsville catcher and 2010 Diamondbacks NDFA Richie Rowland was 3-4 with a double, walk and two RBI for rookie-level Missoula.
- Frankfort native and 2010 Royals draftee Cameron Conner slugged his first professional home run for the rookie-level AZL Royals.
- Danville native and 2010 Tigers draftee Patrick Cooper took a no decision after surrendering four runs in six innings for short-season Connecticut.