Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats pounded out 11 hits behind recently demoted Cincinnati Reds right-handed pitcher Micah Owings en route to an 8-3 win over Gwinnet. Owings surrendered just one run on one hit in three innings, and shortstop Zack Cozart, third baseman Juan Francisco, right fielder Daniel Dorn and catcher Corky Miller each homered for Louisville.
- The Lexington Legends tallied seven hits but couldn’t score a run in a 3-0 loss to Savannah. Right-handed pitcher Tanner Bushue took the loss despite surrendering just two runs in six innings and striking out six batters.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods pitching was no match for the Cedar Rapids offense in a 7-2 loss to the Kernels. Third baseman Julio Cedeno was 2-4 with a run scored for the Hot Rods.
- Former UK catcher and 2010 Astros NDFA Marcus Nidiffer slugged his eighth home run of the season, drove in three runs and scored twice for rookie-level Greeneville.
- Elizabethtown native Nathan Adcock earned his eighth win of the season after holding Dunedin scoreless for six innings on just two hits for high A Bradenton.
- Louisville native and 2010 Astros draftee Jason Chowning picked up his first professional win with three scoreless innings of relief for short-season Tri-City.
- Boyd County High School alum and 2010 Royals NDFA Tyler Gatrell earned his eighth save of the season for the rookie-level AZL Royals and still hasn’t surrendered an earned run in his professional career over 13 and one-third innings.
- Former UK outfielder Antone DeJesus was 3-4 with a walk, run scored and one RBI for AA Springfield.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez was 3-4 with a double, run scored and RBI for low A Augusta.
- Former EKU infielder Neil Sellers was 3-4 with a double and two RBI for AAA Lehigh Valley.
- Ballard High School alum Jeremy Sowers earned just his second win of the season for AAA Columbus with two scoreless innings of relief Sunday.
- Paducah native and 2010 Rangers draftee Jonathan Roof was 2-5 with three RBI and one run scored for low A Hickory.