Highlights from a short schedule Tuesday Kentucky MiLB action as many teams had the day off:
- The Louisville Bats pounded out 22 hits and scored 19 runs in a 19-6 blowout win over Charlotte. Four bats homered, four recorded at least three hits and first baseman Yonder Alonso was 4-6 with a double, two RBI and two runs scored.
- Rehabbing Reds center fielder Chris Dickerson, outfielder Wladimir Balentien, designated hitter Daniel Dorn and second baseman Chris Valaika each homered for Louisville. Shortstop Zach Cozart, left fielder Todd Frazier and Balentien each tallied three hits in the game.
- After being shutout in back to back games, the Lexington Legends offense exploded for 13 runs in a 13-6 win over Savannah. Right fielder Jacob Goebbert was 2-4 with a home run, three RBI and two runs scored.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods were off Tuesday.
- Former WKU infielder and 2010 Phillies draftee Matthew Payton was 2-4 with a walk, three runs scored and one RBI for the rookie-level GCL Phillies.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones took the loss for high A Winston-Salem despite surrendering just one run in six innings.
- Louisville native Seth Bynum homered for the second consecutive game for AAA Syracuse.