Highlights from Thursday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Louisville Bats right-handed pitcher Matt Maloney earned his third consecutive win in three starts after pitching seven shutout innings in Louisville’s 2-0 win over Charlotte. Maloney surrendered just two hits and struck out five batters while walking none.
- Lexington Legends left-handed pitcher Luis Cruz struck out ten batters and surrendered just one run in seven and two-third innings to lead the Legends to a 4-1 win over Delmarva. Left fielder Jacob Goebbert was 2-4 with two doubles and three RBI in the win.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods finished the perfect night for Kentucky minor league teams with a 6-3 win over Dayton. Left fielder Cody Rogers and designated hitter Bennett Davis both homered for the Hot Rods.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross picked up his third consecutive win for high A Baskersfield after surrendering two runs on three hits in seven innings. Ross struck out five and walked two.
- Boyle County native and 2010 Tigers draftee Patrick Cooper was promoted to low A West Michigan where he took a no decision in his first start after surrendering one run in five innings.
- Former UofL infielder Justin McClanahan slugged his third home run of the season for high A Dunedin.
- Former WKU catcher Jordan Newton was 3-6 with four RBI for high A Bradenton.
- Former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 3-5 with a double and four RBI for high A High Desert.
- Former Morehead St. shortstop and 2010 White Sox draftee Drew Lee extended his hitting streak to 11 games for rookie-level Bristol.
- Paducah native and Shawn Roof was promoted to AAA Toledo where he went 2-4 in his debut.