Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action with a few Friday highlights thrown in as well:
- The Louisville Bats pounded out 17 hits en route to a 10-2 win over Columbus. First baseman Yonder Alonso was 3-5 with a home run, two doubles, four RBI and two run scored.
- Louisville Butler High School alum Marty Popham, who was promoted to Columbus before the game, took the loss after surrendering six runs in four innings. Ballard High School alum Jeremy Sowers surrendered one run in three innings for Columbus in the game.
- The Lexington Legends were outhit 12-10 but defeated Delmarva 7-6 Saturday. Left fielder Jacob Goebbert and first baseman Kody Hinze each homered for Lexington.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods tallied nine hits but still lost 11-5 to Lansing. Third baseman Julio Cedeno was 2-3 with two runs scored for the Hot Rods.
- Former Morehead St. shortstop and 2010 White Sox draftee Drew Lee homered and extended his hitting streak to 13 games for rookie-level Bristol.
- Former UK right-handed pitcher and 2010 Tigers draftee Matt Little picked up his first professional win after striking out four in two scoreless innings for low A West Michigan.
- Former UofL first baseman and 2010 Rangers draftee Andrew Clark was 3-4 with a walk and four RBI for short-season Spokane.
- Former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks was promoted to high A Stockton where he took the loss after surrendering seven runs in four runs in his debut.
- Former EKU left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich was activated from the disabled list by AA Tulsa but lasted only two and one-third innings in his return.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke was promoted to AAA Tacoma where he pitched two scoreless innings in his debut.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere is 6-9 with three runs scored in two games and has an eight-game hitting streak.