Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Louisville Bats first baseman Yonder Alonso was named the International League player o the week, and Lexington Legends outfielder Jacob Goebbert was named the South Atlantic League player of the week.
- Mike Marsee of the The Advocate-Messenger in Danville reports recently graduated Boyle County High School pitcher Blake Bottoms will walk-on at Eastern Kentucky University instead of following through on his commitment to Pikeville College.
- Jason Stella of the Louisville Bats media relations department recaps a historic July that saw the Bats tally a franchise-record 22 wins.
- J. J. Cooper of Baseball America profiles recent improvements by Alonso and Bats left-handed pitcher Aroldis Chapman.
- Murray State University has hired former Tennessee Tech assistant coach Chris Cole as baseball recruiting coordinator.
- LEX18 reports part of the proceeds from the August country music concert hosted by the Legends at Applebee’s Park featuring Randy Travis, LeAnn Rimes and Craig Morgan will go to support Pike County flood victims. For anyone who uses the special PIKERELIEF promotional code when purchasing a $37 ticket, $20 will go to relief efforts.