Highlights from Wednesday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats‘ winning streak was snapped at 11 games in a 9-8 loss to Columbus. Center fielder Michael Griffin was 3-4 with two home runs, two RBI and two runs scored, and third baseman Todd Frazier tallied three hits and homered.
- Rehabbing Washington Nationals right-handed pitcher Garrett Mock combined with three other Hagerstown pitchers on a 2-0 shutout win over the Lexington Legends. Lexington right-handed pitcher Zachary Grimmett took the loss despite surrendering just two runs on six hits in six innings.
- South Bend scored three runs in the ninth inning to hand the Bowling Green Hot Rods an 8-7 loss. Center fielder Ty Morrison slugged his sixth home run of the season, and right-handed pitcher Jason McEachern took a no decision after surrendering three runs in seven innings.
- Lexington native Robbie Ross suffered a loss for high A Bakersfield after surrendering six runs in four innings.
- Former WKU outfielder Chad Cregar was 2-4 with a home run and two RBI for low A Greensboro.
- Former UofL infielder Justin McClanahan slugged his fifth home run of the season high A Dunedin.
- One-time UK outfielder Jason Kipnis slugged his 13th home run of the season for AA Akron.
- Elizabethtown native Nathan Adcock fell to 8-7 on the season after surrendering four runs in five innings.
- Louisville native Richard Sullivan earned his fourth win of the season with three shutout innings of relief for AA Mississippi.