Latest links from around Kentucky baseball including a season-ending injury for one of the state’s top prospects:
- La Velle E. Neal of the Minnesota Star Tribune reports Lexington Catholic alum and top Twins outfield prospect Ben Revere will miss the rest of the season with two orbital fractures near his right eye resulting from a hit-by-pitch to the face Tuesday.
- Evan Drellich of MLB.com reports PLD alum A. J. Ellis has been recalled from AAA to the Los Angeles Dodgers, where he may receive somewhat regular playing time with Dodgers catcher Russell Martin slated to miss the rest of the season with a hamstring injury.
- Gannett reporter Brian Heyman profiles Lexington native Austin Kearns, who says he is happy to be playing for the Yankees.
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal writes during the Louisville Bats 11-game winning streak the team has “rocketed up the charts faster than Lady Gaga” and is in good position for a playoff berth.
- Bats shortstop Zack Cozart sat down for a question-and-answer session with Jason Stella of the team’s’ media relations department.