Highlights from Thursday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Rehabbing Cincinnati Reds right-handed pitcher Homer Bailey looked ready for a return to the big leagues after leading the Louisville Bats to a 6-0 win over Norfolk. Bailey surrendered just six hits in seven innings and struck out nine while walking none.
- Right-handed pitcher Kirby Yates posted his first quality start since July 15 in the Bowling Green Hot Rods 6-4 win over South Bend. Yates surrendered three runs on seven hits in six innings and struck out three batters while walking two.
- The Lexington Legends scored three runs in the ninth inning, but the game was long out of reach by that point in an 8-3 loss to Hagerstown. Right fielder Jacob Goebbert was 2-4 with a double, one RBI and one run scored.
- Former EKU left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich earned his third win of the season after surrendering one unearned run on three hits in six innings. Friedrich struck out three and walked one.
- Former EKU infielder and 2010 Rockies draftee Jayson Langfels tallied three hits, slugged two home runs and drove in six runs for short-season Tri-City.
- Former UofL infielder and 2010 Giants draftee Adam Duvall slugged his third home run on the season for short-season Salem-Keizer.
- Former UofL outfielder and 2010 Rangers draftee Josh Richmond slugged his second home run of the season and drove in six runs for short-season Spokane.
- Ballard High School alum Jeremy Sowers got his third start of the season for AAA Columbus and took a no decision despite surrendering just one hit in five innings. Sowers struck out five and walked none.