Highlights from Friday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Despite a six-run Norfolk seventh inning the Louisville Bats held off the late rally for an 8-7 win Friday. Shortstop Zack Cozart and second baseman Chris Valaika each homered for the Bats.
- Left fielder Jacob Goebbert continued his hot hitting to lead the Lexington Legends to a 9-6 win over Delmarva. Goebbert was 3-4 with a home run, two RBI and four runs scored.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods held off a late South Bend rally to for a 7-6 win. Third baseman Julio Cedeno was 2-3 with a home run, two RBI and two runs scored.
- Former UK catcher and 2010 Astros NDFA Marcus Nidiffer slugged his ninth home run of the season for rookie-level Greeneville.
- Former UK infielder Michael Bertram was promoted to AAA Toledo.
- Former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks earned his first win since being promoted to high A Stockton after surrendering three runs in five innings.
- Former UofL infielder and 2010 Rays draftee Phil Wunderlich was 3-5 with two doubles, two RBI and two runs scored.
- Former WKU outfielder Chad Cregar slugged his 14th home run of the season for low A Greensboro.
- Former Murray St. right-handed pitcher Mike Perconte picked up his seventh save of the season for high A Daytona.
- Former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Henry Mabee earned his second win of the season despite surrendering three runs in one and two-third innings for AA Birmingham.
- Lafayette High School alum Chaz Roe took a no decision for AAA Colorado Springs despite surrendering just one run in seven innings. Roe Struck out seven and walked one.