Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats won their 11th consecutive home game and recorded their 15th win in the last 16 games with a 8-7 victory over Norfolk Sunday. Catcher Corky Miller was 3-4 with two doubles, three RBI and one run scored.
- Lexington Legends closer Kirk Clark, the franchise saves record holder, blew just his sixth save of the season by surrendering two runs in the ninth inning in the Legends’ 2-1 loss to Delmarva. left-handed pitcher Luis Cruz surrendered just two hits in seven shutout innings while striking out four and walking three batters.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods wasted a strong starting performance from right-handed pitcher Albert Suarez in a 5-2 loss to Fort Wayne. Suarez surrendered just one hit in four innings and struck out four batters while walking none.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Chris Rusin earned his first AA victory after surrendering two runs in six innings for AA Tennessee. Rusin struck out four and walked none.
- Former UK catcher Sean Coughlin was 3-3 with a home run, five RBI and two runs scored for AA Mobile.
- In what turned out to be a big night for former Cats in Mobile, former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill slugged his 13th home run of the season for the BayBears.
- Former UofL first baseman and 2010 Rangers draftee Andrew Clark was 3-4 with two RBI and a run scored for short-season Spokane.
- Former WKU outfielder Chad Cregar slugged his 15th home run of the season for low A Greensboro and drove in three runs.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones fell to 8-5 on the season for high A Winston-Salem after surrendering three runs in five innings.
- Frankfort native and 2010 Royals draftee Cameron Conner was 3-6 with a triple, walk and run scored for the rookie-level AZL Royals.
- Danville native and 2010 Tigers draftee Patrick Cooper suffered his worst professional start to-date but still escaped with a no decision despite surrendering six runs in two and two-third innings for low A West Michigan.