Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Morehead State University signed Oklahoma junior college left-handed pitcher Matt Cartwright to complete its 2010 signing class.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader reports three Lexington youth baseball teams have qualified for their respective division’s World Series.
- Jason Stella of the Louisville Bats’ media relations department profiles third baseman/ left fielder Todd Frazier and his recent improvements that have helped propel the Bats into first place in their division.
- Brent Ingram of the University of Kentucky media relations department is listing the 20 most memorable Bat Cats’ games since 2006 for “Cat Scratches,” starting with No. 16-20.
- Joe Capozi of the Palm Beach Post reports Florida Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla, born in Louisville, has experience a recent surge during the best season of his career after moving to the cleanup spot in the lineup.
- The finals of the prestigious Cape Cod League have reached a decisive game three with an interesting UK/UofL subplot. Yarmouth-Dennis, featuring University of Louisville outfielder Stewart Ijames, is matched against Coutit, featuring UK outfielder Chad Wright in the championship series. Neither player recorded a hit in game two, but Wright scored two of Cotuit’s three runs in it’s game one win. You can watch the final game of the series here at 3 p.m.