Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB action:
- A start from rehabbing Cincinnati Reds Opening Day starting pitcher Aaron Harang wasn’t enough to help the Louisville Bats avoid a 7-3 loss to Columbus. Harang surrendered five runs on five hits in five innings.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods dropped their fifth straight game with a 9-8 loss to Great Lakes. First baseman Ryan Wiegand was 3-4 with a home run, two RBI and three runs scored.
- Former WKU right-handed pitcher J. B. Paxson earned the win in relief for Great Lakes in his return to Bowling Green.
- The Lexington Legends game with the West Virginia Power was suspended due to rain and will be resumed at 5:05 p.m. today.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross took a no decision for high A Bakersfield after surrendering two runs in four innings.
- One-time UK outfielder Jason Kipnis was 2-2 with a home run, two RBI and two runs scored.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher Trystan Magnuson earned his third win of the season with two and two-third scoreless innings for AA New Hampshire.
- Former WKU outfielder Chad Cregar slugged his 17th home run of the season and drove in three runs for low A Greensboro.
- Former Morehead St. outfielder and 2010 White Sox NDFA J. D. Ashbrook was 2-3 with a double, three RBI and run scored for rookie-level Bristol.