While draftees may have garnered most of the headlines Monday, current minor leaguers were also in action. Check out some highlights from Monday Kentucky MiLB play:
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods snapped a five-game losing streak with a 4-0 win over Great Lakes. Left-handed reliever Aaron Dott earned the win after holding the Loon scoreless on three hits in four innings.
- In the completion of a previously suspended game, the Lexington Legends mustered just five hits in a 5-3 loss to West Virginia. Right-handed reliever Wander Alvino took the loss after surrendering two unearned runs in three and two-third innings.
- In game two the Legends used seven innings of one run ball from left-handed pitcher Luis Cruz for a 7-1 win over the Power. Left fielder Jacob Goebbert was 2-3 with four RBI and a run scored.
- The Louisville Bats were off.
- Former Morehead St. shortstop and 2010 White Sox draftee Drew Lee was 3-5 with two home runs, three RBI and two runs scored for rookie-level Bristol.
- Former Campbellsville catcher and 2010 Diamondbacks’ NDFA Richie Rowland slugged his fifth home run of the season for rookie-level Missoula.
- Louisville native Seth Bynum slugged his 12th home run of the season for AAA Syracuse.
- Lexington native and 2010 Nationals draftee Tyler Oliver was 2-3 with a double, home run, five RBI and two runs scored for the rookie-level GCL Nationals.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke earned his first win for AA Tacoma and improved to 5-2 on the season with two innings of relief.
- Trinity High School alum Tyler Kuhn was 3-6 with a run scored and two walks in a double header for AA Birmingham.