Highlights from Wednesday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Catcher Devin Mesoraco sent the Louisville Bats to a 5-3 win over Syracuse with a walk-off grand slam in his AAA debut. First baseman Yonder Alonso also homered in the game.
- Louisville native Seth Bynum homered in the game for Syracuse.
- The Lexington Legends scored a go-ahead run in the eighth inning en route to a 4-3 win over Greenville. Shortstop Jiovanni Mier was 2-4 with a home run.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods lost a shutout in the ninth inning but held on for a 6-2 win over Lake County. Left-handed pitcher Kyle Lobstein improved to 8-6 by striking out seven and walking none while surrendering just four hits in seven shutout innings.
- Former EKU left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich was injured once again, this time with a strained lat muscle in his start for AA Tulsa and had to leave after just 36 pitches.
- Former UK first baseman and 2010 Twins draftee Lance Ray was 3-3 with two doubles, one RBI and two runs scored for short-season Beloit.
- Former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 3-4 with two doubles, two RBI and two runs scored for high A High Desert.