- Mike Fields of the Lexington Herald-Leader reports Louisville Eastern High School senior pitcher/infielder Spencer Drake has committed to the University of Kentucky.
- Fields also reports former Paintsville High School standout Shane Grimm, who was 7-0 for Walters State Junior College in 2010 will sign with UK in November as part of the incoming class for 2012.
- Brent Ingram of the UK Media Relations department finishes his list of the 20 most memorable UK games since 2006, headlined by the 2006 NCAA regional tournament.
- UK rising senior shortstop Taylor Black also explained his decision to return to school in a feature for the UK website.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher Neil Holland and infielder Phil Wunderlich were named all-stars in the New York-Penn League.
- Former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher and first baseman Michael Bottoms will be one of two non-Australians playing for the Kensington Cardinals of the South Australian Baseball League beginning in October.
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal reports Louisville Cincinnati Reds fans can once again listen to the Reds on the radio after WNDA-1570 in Clarksville and WTSZ-1600 in Eminence agreed to broadcast games for the remainder of the season.