Highlights from Friday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats couldn’t finish a four-game sweep of Syracuse after suffering an 8-1 loss in the series finale. Rehabbing Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Aaron Harang took the loss after surrendering six runs in six innings.
- The Lexington Legends couldn’t secure a series victory against Greenville after a 4-3 loss Friday. Right fielder Renzo Tello was 3-4 with a home run, double, RBI and run scored.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods dropped the rubber game of its three-game series with Lake County with a 5-3 loss Friday. Right-handed pitcher Wilking Rodriguez took a no decision after surrendering three hits in four shutout innings.
- Former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill slugged his 14th home run of the season for AA Mobile.
- Former UK catcher Sean Coughlin also homered in the game for Mobile.
- Former UK first baseman and 2010 Twins draftee Lance Ray was 3-5 with a double, RBI and run scored for low A Beloit.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones surrendered five runs in four and two-third innings for high A Winston-Salem but escaped with a no decision.
- Former Union College infielder Kevin Ramos was 3-4 with a RBI for high A Rancho Cucamonga.
- One-time Madisonville resident Matt Klinker earned a win for AA Carolina after surrendering four runs in six innings.
- Trinity High School alum Tyler Kuhn was 3-4 with two doubles, one RBI and two runs scored for AA Birmingham.