Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats opened its series with Indianapolis with a 10-6 win. Center fielder Dave Sappelt was 5-6 with two doubles, a triple, two RBI, a stolen base and a run scored.
- The Lexington Legends held off a late Augusta rally en route to a 7-6 win. Shortstop Jiovanni Mier was 3-4 with two doubles and three runs scored.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods scored three runs in the eighth inning to tie their game with South Bend but still suffered a 9-7 loss. Second baseman Tyler Bortnick was 4-5 with a double, three RBI and two runs scored.
- Former UofL infielder and 2010 Rays draftee Phil Wunderlich was 3-5 with one RBI and two runs scored.
- Former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 2-3 with a home run, double, three RBI and one run scored for high A High Desert.
- Former Murray St. first baseman and 2010 Padres draftee Wes Cunningham was 2-3 with a triple, home run, three RBI, three walks and two runs scored for short-season Eugene.
- Former Morehead St. shortstop and 2010 White Sox draftee Drew Lee slugged his fifth home run of the season and drove in three runs for rookie-level Bristol.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross surrendered three runs on nine hits in just two and one-third innings in a start for high A Bakersfield but still escaped with a no decision.