Latest links from around Kentucky baseball for your Monday morning:
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal reports possible September callups by the Cincinnati Reds could dramatically alter the Louisville Bats roster for the playoffs.
- John Erardi of the Cincinnati Enquirer profiles Bats left-handed pitching Cuban phenom Aroldis Chapman and his adjustments to the U.S. game.
- Dan Podheiser of NESN writes a playoff performance from Lexington native Austin Kearns could be a valuable boost to the outfielder’s career.
- Kearns’ strong performance since being traded to the Yankees (he’s batting .351 with a home run in 13 games) has MLBTradeRumors wondering if he could be brought back to New York for 2011.
- Bats outfielder Todd Frazier will have his eyes on the Little League World Series as his former New Jersey Little League team took the field in the Opening Round over the weekend.
- Former Lexington Legends outfielder J. D. Martinez hasn’t stopped hitting since his midseason promotion to AA Corpus Christi. Martinez leads all of Minor League Baseball with 171 hits and ranks third in batting average at .353.