Highlights from Monday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats used big nights from first baseman Yonder Alonso and catcher Corky Miller en route to a 6-3 win over Indianapolis. Alonso tallied three hits, including a home run, and Miller homered and drove in three runs.
- The Lexington Legends scored three runs in the top of the ninth inning to earn a 8-6 come-from-behind win over Augusta. The first three batters in Lexington’s lineup combined to go 6-15 with five runs scored in the game.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez was 2-5 with a run scored for Augusta.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods scored three runs in the ninth inning but couldn’t complete the comeback in a 6-4 loss to South Bend. Left-handed pitcher Kyle Lobstein took the loss after surrendering three runs in five innings.
- Former UK outfielder John Shelby slugged his ninth home run of the season for AA Birmingham.
- Former UK catcher and 2010 Astros NDFA Marcus Nidiffer was 3-4 with two runs scored for short-season Tri-City.
- Former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 2-5 with a double, three RBI and a run scored for high A High Desert.