Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors reports Kentucky’s oldest major leaguer Trever Miller‘s 2011 contract option with the Cardinals vested with his 45th appearance of the season Saturday.
- Bowling Green Hot Rods left-handed pitcher Kyle Lobstein was named the Midwest League pitcher of the week.
- Evan Drellich of MLB.com reports Paul Laurence Dunbar alum and Los Angeles Dodgers catcher A. J. Ellis was optioned to AAA Albuquerque to make room for recently acquired Rod Barajas. Ellis will likely be recalled with MLB rosters expand on Sept. 1.
- Jason Stella of the Louisville Bats media relations department profiles outfielder Dave Sappelt and his contributions since his promotion from AA.
- Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com reports Florida Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla, born in Louisville, is asking for a five-year contract extension worth between $55 and $65 million.