Highlights from Wednesday Kentucky MiLB action:
- One-time Madisonville resident Matt Klinker couldn’t earn a victory in his return to the Louisville Bats, who suffered a 6-2 loss to Indianapolis. Third baseman Juan Francisco and left fielder Todd Frazier each homered in the game.
- The Lexington Legends surrendered over 10 runs in a game for the second time this month in a 13-1 loss to Kannapolis. Center fielder Grant Hogue was 2-3 for Lexington.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods opened their final homestand of the season with a 3-1 loss to Lake County. Center fielder Dustin Bell homered for Bowling Green.
- PRP alum and 2010 Cardinals first-round pick Zack Cox made his professional debut with a 4-5 performance for the rookie-level GCL Cardinals.
- One-time UK outfielder Jason Kipnis was 3-5 with a double and two runs scored for AA Akron.
- Former UK outfielder and 2010 Braves NDFA Keenan Wiley was 4-5 with a double and run scored for rookie-level Danville.
- Former WKU left-handed pitcher and 2010 Twins draftee Bart Carter earned his second win of the season with four scoreless innings of relief for the rookie-level GCL Twins.
- Former Union College right-handed pitcher Marty Popham posted a quality start for high A Kinston but took a no decision after surrendering three runs in six innings.
- Former Bellarmine infielder and 2010 Mariners draftee Patrick Brady slugged his first professional home run for the rookie-level AZL Mariners.
- Hawesville native and 2010 Orioles draftee Michael Mosby was 3-4 for the rookie-level GCL Orioles.