Highlights from Thursday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Columbus pulled within a half game of the Louisville Bats for first place in the International League West Division after giving the Bats a 5-2 loss. Right fielder Danny Dorn was 2-3 with a double and RBI.
- The Lexington Legends outhit Kannapolis 8-6 but still suffered a 4-1 loss. Left-handed pitcher Luis Cruz struck out eight in a quality start after surrendering three runs in six innings.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods tallied six hits but couldn’t score in a 4-0 loss to Lake County. Right-handed pitcher Yorman Mayora took the loss after surrendering one run in four innings.
- Former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill slugged his 15th home run of the season and drove in three runs for AA Mobile.
- Former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks earned his sixth win of the season for high A Stockton after pitching two and one-third scoreless innings of relief.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones improved to 10-5 on the season after surrendering one run in seven and one-third innings for high A Winston-Salem.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross fell to 12-10 on the season after surrendering five runs in two and one-third innings for high A Bakersfield.