Latest links from around Kentucky MiLB action:
- Aaron Fitt of Baseball America has ranked the top 20 prospects on the collegiate Team USA and lists University of Louisville infielder Ryan Wright at No. 10 on the list. (subscription required)
- Ken Lipshez of the New Britain Herald reports Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere, thought to be out for the season after being hit in the face by a pitch earlier this month, was in the lineup for AA New Britain Thursday before being scratched due to an equipment issue.
- Also apologies to Lexington Catholic fans after a commenter pointed out I’ve incorrectly being labeling Revere as a LCA alum recently. The problem has been corrected.
- Troy E. Renck of The Denver Post reports former EKU left-handed pitcher and top Rockies prospect Christian Friedrich has been shut down for the season after his latest arm injury.
- Brett Dawson of the Courier-Journal writes University of Kentucky outfielder Brian Adams is in the running for playing time at wide receiver for the UK football team, though he is having some trouble transitioning from baseball to football.
- Mike Fields of the Lexington Herald-Leader reports Paul Laurence Dunbar senior pitcher Cameron Langfels has committed to play collegiately at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Fields also notes Forcht Bank has extended its its title sponsorship of the KHSAA state baseball tournament through 2013.