Highlights from Friday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Second baseman Wilkin Castillo drove home the winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning to send the Louisville Bats to a 2-1 victory over Columbus. Cuban phenom Aroldis Chapman struck out the side in the ninth inning for the win and reportedly hit 105 mph on the radar gun.
- The Lexington Legends scored two runs in the top of the ninth inning to earn a 5-3 win over Kannapolis. Center fielder Grant Hogue was 4-5 with a double and two runs scored.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods pitching staff struck out a club-record 18 batters in a 12-6 win over Lake County. Right fielder Brett Nommensen drove in four run in the win.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher and 2010 Twins draftee Logan Darnell earned the win for rookie-level Elizabethton after pitching six shutout innings.
- Former UK infielder and 2010 Twins NDFA Gunner Glad supported Darnell with his second home run of the season for rookie-level Elizabethton.
- Former UK infielder Michael Bertram slugged his 11th home run of the season for AAA Toledo.
- Former Murray St. first baseman and 2010 Padres draftee Wes Cunningham extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a 1-2, two walk performance for short-season Eugene.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere returned from his DL stint for AA New Britain with an 0-3 performance.
- Trinity alum Tyler Kuhn was 3-4 with a home run and double for AA Birmingham.