Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats opened their three-game series against Toledo with an 8-3 loss. First baseman Todd Frazier was 2-3 with a run scored.
- The Lexington Legends couldn’t salvage a series split in its final road game of the season after suffering a 6-5 loss to Kannapolis. Catcher Ben Heath was 2-3 with a triple and two RBI.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods opened their four-game series with Fort Wayne with a 3-2 loss. No Hot Rods batter tallied multiple hits in the game.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 4-5 with a run scored and three stolen bases for AA New Britain.
- Former UK outfielder Antone DeJesus was 3-4 with a double, triple and two runs scored.
- Former UofL outfielder Boomer Whiting was 3-4 with a run scored for AAA Syracuse.
- Former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer slugged his ninth home run of the season for high A High Desert.
- Covington native Neil Wilson slugged his fifth home run of the season for AAA New Orleans.
- St. Mary’s alum Shawn Roof was 3-4 with two RBI and a run scored for AAA Toledo.
- Louisville native Stephen Shackleford earned his second win of the season after throwing three scoreless innings for short-season Salem-Keizer.
- Former Murray St. first baseman and 2010 Padres draftee Wes Cunningham singled in four at-bats to extend his hitting streak to 11 games for short-season Eugene.