Highlights from Sunday MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats evened its series with Toledo with a 8-0 shutout win. First baseman Yonder Alonso, catcher Devin Mesoraco and right-fielder Danny Dorn each homered for Louisville.
- Kentuckians Michael Bertram and Shawn Roof were each 1-4 in the game for Toledo.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods evened its series with Fort Wayne with a 7-5 win. Right-handed pitcher Albert Suarez earned his first win of the season after surrendering one run in five innings.
- The Lexington Legends were off Sunday.
- Former UK outfielder John Shelby was 3-5 with two runs scored for AA Birmingham.
- Former Murray St. first baseman Wes Cunningham extended his hitting streak to 12 games for short-season Eugene with a 2-4 performance.
- Danville native and 2010 Tigers draftee Patrick Cooper improved to 4-2 on the season after surrendering one run in six and two-third innings for low A West Michigan.
- Trinity High School alum Tyler Kuhn was 4-5 with a home run, five RBI and three runs scored for AA Birmingham.
- Louisa native Steven Blevins was promoted to AA New Britain where he pitched three and two-third scoreless innings in his debut.
- Paducah native Michael Broadway earned his fourth win of the season for AAA Gwinnett with two scoreless innings of relief.
- Boyd County native Tyler Gatrell picked up his 12th save of the season for the rookie-level AZL Royals.