Highlights from Kentucky MiLB action:
- Paducah native Shawn Roof and the Toledo Mud Hens sent the Louisville Bats to a 6-2 loss. Roof tallied three hits, one RBI and one run scored for the Mud Hens, and right fielder Wladimir Balentien homered for the Bats.
- Lexington Legends pitchers surrendered just four hits in a 14-1 win over Hagerstown. First baseman Kody Hinze slugged his 17th home run of the season, right fielder Jacob Goebbert drove in five runs and right-handed pitcher Jose Cisnero surrendered one run in six innings.
- Bowling Green Hot Rods pitchers surrendered just three hits in a 4-1 win over Fort Wayne. Catcher Mark Thomas was 2-4 with a double and two RBI.
- Former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer extended his hitting streak to eight games with a single for high A High Desert. Monday’s game was the first in the streak in which Shaffer didn’t have multiple hits.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke recorded his 17th save of the season for AA Tacoma.
- Former Murray St. left-handed pitcher Daniel Calhoun improved to 8-0 on the season after pitching two scoreless innings of relief for low A Quad Cities.
- Elizabethtown native Nathan Adcock took a no decision after surrendering two runs in five innings for high A Bradenton.
- Louisville native and 2010 Astros draftee Jason Chowning earned his second professional win with three scoreless innings of relief for short-season Tri-City.