Highlights to Friday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats pulled a game closer to the International League playoffs with a 16-6 win over Indianapolis. Left fielder Michael Griffin was 4-5 with two home runs, a triple, four RBI and four runs scored.
- The Lexington Legends tallied just five hits in a 1-0 loss to Rome. Right-handed pitcher Juan Minaya fell to 4-12 on the season despite surrendering just one run on four hits in eight innings.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods finished a series sweep of Dayton with a 7-1 win Friday. Second baseman Kyle Spraker homered and drove in three runs.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez was 2-4 with a triple, home run, three RBI and three runs scored for low A Augusta.
- Frankfort native and 2010 Royals draftee Cameron Conner reached base four times, scored once and drove in one run for rookie-level Idaho Falls.
- Louisville native Seth Bynum slugged his 14th home run of the season for AAA Syracuse.
- Braves right-handed pitching prospect Michael Broadway, born in Paducah, earned his fifth win of the season despite surrendering four runs in two innings for AAA Gwinnett.