Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Former Union College right-handed pitcher Marty Popham pitched the first seven innings of high A Kinston’s 10-inning combined no-hitter. Popham struck out eight and walked two.
- The Louisville Bats suffered a 5-3 loss to Indianapolis after a former Florence Freedom pitcher Chris Jakubauskas surrendered three runs in five innings for the Indians. Third baseman Eric Eymann was 2-4 with a run scored for Louisville.
- The Lexington Legends used a five-run third inning to record a 9-3 win over Rome. Left fielder Jacob Goebbert set the Legends single-season RBI record with a 3-4, two double, two RBI, three-run-scored performance.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods suffered their second straight loss to Great Lakes with a 5-2 defeat. No Hot Rod recorded multiple hits in the game.
- Former UK outfielder Lance Ray reach based four times for low A Beloit with two singles, two walks and a run scored.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez slugged his 20th home run and 99th RBI for low A Augusta.
- Former UofL catcher and 2010 Giants draftee Jeff Arnold slugged his third home run of the season for short-season Salem-Keizer.
- Former EKU infielder Neil Sellers slugged his sixth home run of the season for AAA Lehigh Valley.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones posted a quality start after surrendering three runs in six innings for high A Winston-Salem but still suffered a loss.
- Former Murray St. left-handed pitcher Daniel Calhoun improved to 10-0 on the season with a win in his third straight appearance for low A Quad Cities.
- Former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Henry Mabee improved to 4-6 on the season after pitching two and two-third scoreless innings.
- Danville native and 2010 Diamondbacks draftee Blake Perry mad his professional debut with a scoreless inning for rookie-level Missoula.
- Paducah native Daniel Webb earned his first win for low A Lansing after surrendering one run in six and two-third innings.