Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Jim Callis of Baseball America has ranked the top 30 prospects from the prestigious Cape Cod League for collegiate players, and included University of Louisville right-handed pitcher Tony Zych at No. 17 on the list. Former University of Kentucky infielder Andy Burns, who transferred to Arizona, checked in at No. 30 on the list. (subscription required)
- In the accompanying online chat, Callis answers questions about a number of other Cape prospects, including UK right-handed pitcher/first baseman Braden Kapteyn, who Callis say will improve upon moving to the mound full-time as a professional.
- Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb felt good following his latest throwing session and still hopes to get into a game for the Diamondbacks before the end of the season.
- Troy E. Renck of The Denver Post reports Rockies right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, born in Fort Campbell, is a long-shot to return this season after breaking his left Wednesday when he was hit by a Joey Votto one-hopper.
- Matt Zimmer of the Argus Leader writes Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere could have an impact on the Twins playoff push after a surprise call-up last week.