With only a couple Kentucky minor leaguers still in action in the MiLB playoffs we’ll start incorporating their performances into the general links post. So check out some highlights from those games and other links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Former WKU right-handed pitcher J. B. Paxson pitched four and one-third scoreless innings for low A Great Lakes in the team’s Midwest League playoff loss. Paxson struck out six and walked two.
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal reports Louisville Bats manager Rick Sweet is uncertain if the Cincinnati Reds will ask him to manage the Bats again in 2011.
- Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb is open to pitching in the instructional league if he can’t return for the Diamondbacks this season.
- For recaps of every Minor League playoff series, check this valuable post from J. J. Cooper of Baseball America.
- John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, writing for BA, reports the Cincinnati Reds’ patience in Bats catcher Devin Mesoraco has paid off. (Subscription required)