MiLB playoff highlights and latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- John Manuel of Baseball America reports former UofL right-handed pitcher Trystan Magnuson was selected to the Team Canada roster for the 2010 Pan Am Qualifier in San Juan. Former Lexington Legend first baseman Jimmy Van Ostrand was also selected to the roster.
- Former UK catcher Marcus Nidiffer was 0-3, but Tri-City clinched the New York-Penn League championship with a 5-1 win over Brooklyn.
- Over the weekend, LCA alum Robbie Ross took the loss after surrendering seven runs in three innings for AA Frisco as the team was eliminated from the Texas League playoffs.
- Larry Stone of The Seattle Times reports former Mariners director of pro scouting Carmen Fusco was fire at least in part for his role in the controversial acquisition of former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke. The Mariners’ upper management claim they didn’t know of Lueke’s past legal trouble before acquiring the reliever.
- The Houston Astros acquired Louisville Bats right-handed pitcher Enerio Del Rosario from the Cincinnati Reds for cash. Del Rosario was designated for assignment by the Reds Monday.