Latest links and notes from around Kentucky baseball:
- Collegiate Baseball has released its 2011 recruiting class rankings for college baseball and included the University of Kentucky at No. 16 on the list and the University of Louisville at No. 29. In the news release UK also announced an additional 2010 draftee joining the team in 2011: right-handed pitcher Jonathan Paquet of Canada, who the Phillies selected in the 22nd round.
- Diligent BluGrass Baseball readers may be confused by UK listing of just five draftees, including Paquet, as part of the 2011 recruiting class in the release. That’s not a typo as I have confirmed Angels 19th round pick Jonathan Bobea of New York has decided not to attend UK.
- La Velle E. Neal of the Star Tribune reports former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch may miss the ALDS with a sore left knee.
- The Denver Post reports Rockies right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, born in Fort Campbell, is uncertain to return to Colorado in 2011 but a change in mechanics before his season-ending injury may have helped his chances in being brought back.
- Adam Sparks of The Daily News Journal reports Western Kentucky University lost out on Georgia prep catcher Michael Adkins, who committed to Middle Tennessee over the Hilltoppers.