Latest links from around Kentucky baseball as you enjoy a triple-header of playoff baseball:
- Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton is part of the Phillies “disposable duo” after getting pushed to the side in favor of Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt. Brookover notes the Phillies are 47-30 in games started by Blanton since he joined the team.
- La Velle E. Neal III of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports the Twins are enjoying unusual depth in their bullpen including former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch.
- Louisville Bats outfielder Todd Frazier was 1-2 with a double, two walks, one RBI and two runs scored in Team USA’s 8-3 win over the Dominican Republic in the Pan American Qualifying Tournament.
- Our condolences go out to Murray State University after Breds freshman left-handed pitcher Thomas McGurk was killed in a car accident on Saturday.
- J. J. Cooper of Baseball America ranked 2009 Bowling Green Hot Rods ace Matt Moore the No. 1 prospect in the Florida State League in his top 20 prospects ranking.