Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Dave Sheinin of The Washington Post reports Phillies manager Charlie Manuel still plans to start former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton in game four, but he says the team is just taking it “day by day.”
- One-time UK outfielder, turned second baseman Jason Kipnis blogs about his preparation for the Arizona Fall League for MLB.com.
- University of Louisville freshman right-handed pitcher Jeff Thompson surrendered just one hit in four and two-third scoreless innings while striking out six in game three of the fall Pizza Bowl scrimmage series. Pirates eight-round pick Dace Kime surrendered five runs in four innings in his unofficial UofL debut.
- Indiana University has released its 2011 schedule, which includes two games against UofL, one against the University of Kentucky and one against Morehead State University.
- The College Baseball Blog is running down the top 100 players in college baseball in advance of the 2011 season and recently ranked UofL redshirt junior outfielder Stewart Ijames at No. 97.