Latest links and highlights from around Kentucky baseball:
- David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports Phillies manager Charlie Manuel confirmed following the team’s game-three loss that former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton would start game four of the NLCS. There had been some speculation in the media that Manuel might go with ace Roy Halladay if the team was down in the series entering game four.
- University of Kentucky sophomore catcher Luke Maile‘s home run highlighted the team’s intrasquad scrimmage in front of MLB scouts. The UK media relations department also notes left-handed pitcher Mike Kaczmarek has been playing both ways for the Cats this fall in outfield and on the mound.
- University of Louisville sophomore right-handed pitcher Justin Amlung surrendered one run in five innings in a no decision in the Pizza Bowl fall scrimmage series.
- Pierce W. Huff of the Atlanta Journal Constitution profiles UK sophomore outfielder Brian Adams, who is happy to be back on the football field this fall after suffering a life-threatening ailment last fall.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 2-3 with a RBI, walk, run scored and two stolen bases for the Peoria Saguros of the Arizona Fall League.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher B. J. Rosenberg pitched two scoreless innings for the Mesa Solar Sox of the Arizona Fall League.
- Mike Marsee of the Danville Advocate Messenger reports Mercer Couny High School outfielder Matthew Honchel has committed to Miami University in Ohio over WKU and Morehead St.