In preparation for his start tonight in game four of the NLCS an assortment of Joe Blanton links from across the Internet:
- Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports Phillies ace Roy Halladay was willing to start in game four on short rest, but manager Charlie Manuel is sticking with Blanton.
- Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports the Phillies’ united front on the decision hasn’t prevented plenty of speculation that Blanton shouldn’t be starting tonight outside of the clubhouse.
- MLB.com previews Blanton’s start in a video.
- Philadelphia Daily News columnist Sam Donnellon, a self-proclaimed Joe Blanton fan, is among those who thinks Halladay should be getting the game-four start.
- Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Bob Ford writes the Phillies are turning to the “other one” in Blanton, who is used to stepping up for game-four playoff starts.
- Blanton is 2-0 with a 3.89 ERA in eight postseason appearances including five starts. (Stats via Baseball-Reference.com)