Latest links and notes from around Kentucky baseball on the day after the MLB season ended for Kentuckians:
- With the elimination of the Philadelphia Phillies by the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night, Kentucky lost its last MLB playoff participant in former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton.
- I passed this note along on Twitter yesterday, but after waiting nine seasons for his first playoff appearance Lexington native Austin Kearns did not get in a single game for the Yankees during their 2010 playoff run.
- Lexington Legends outfielder J. D. Martinez was voted the best class A hitter by MiLB.com readers.
- On Saturday PRP alum and St. Louis Cardinals 2010 first-round pick Zack Cox was 1-2 with a double, RBI, walk and run scored for Surprise of the Arizona Fall League.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 3-4 with a stolen base and run scored for the Peoria Saguaros of the AFL. Former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Henry Mabee recorded a hold with a scoreless inning for the Saguaros.
- One-time UK outfielder turned second baseman Jason Kipnis homered and drove in two runs for the Peoria Javelinas of the AFL. Former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke pitched two scoreless innings and struck out one for the Javelinas.
- Kelly Thesier of MLB.com reports the Minnesota Twins’ bullpen could look very different in 2011 as the team has a number of free agent relievers, including former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch.