- WLKY-TV in Louisville reports as usual Louisville Slugger will play a major role in the World Series.
- Courier-Journal columnist Rick Bozich looks back on Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton’s 11-game rehab appearance with the Louisville Bats in 2007.
- Hamilton isn’t the only person with Kentucky ties participating in the World Series. Former Eastern Kentucky University baseball player Sam Holbrook will serve as an umpire during the series.
- Brett Dawson of the Courier-Journal reports University of Kentucky outfielder Brian Adams is likely to see an increase in playing time on the football field this weekend at Mississippi State.
- Nick Craddock of the Kentucky Kernel profiles Adams’ return from a life-threatening medical ailment before he arrived at UK. Adams tells Craddock he plans to continue to play both baseball and football as long as he can.
- Morehead State University senior right-handed pitcher Trey Smith pitched four scoreless innings to lead the Gold Team to a win in game one of the Eagles’ fall scrimmage series.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 2-3 with a RBI and two runs scored for the Peoria Saguaros of the Arizona Fall League.
- Robert Emrich, writing for MiLB.com, named one-time UK outfielder turned second baseman Jason Kipnis to the Cleveland Indians’ MiLB all-star team.