Latest links and highlights from around Kentucky baseball:
- Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors breaks down the free-agent market for right-handed starting pitchers and lists Ashland native Brandon Webb as an injured pitcher teams will sign hoping for a rebound and Louisville native Todd Wellemeyer as a pitcher who will likely have to start in the bullpen or minor leagues to compete for innings.
- Morehead State University senior utility man Casey Branham slugged two home runs and drove in six runs in game three of the Eagles’ fall scrimmage series.
- The University of Kentucky has announced its 2010-11 baseball camp schedule.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher B. J. Rosenberg pitched a scoreless inning and struck out one for the Mesa Solar Sox of the Arizona Fall League. Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 1-4 with a run scored in the game for the Peoria Saguaros.
- PRP alum Zack Cox, the St. Louis Cardinals’ 2010 first-round pick, was 1-3 with a triple, run scored and walk for the Surprise Rafters of the AFL.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke earned his second save of the AFL season with two scoreless innings for the Peoria Javelinas.