Latest highlights and links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Patrick Dorsey of The Indianapolis Star reports Zionsville infielder Max Kuhn has committed to the University of Kentucky.
- Ryan Korby of The Washington Post breaks down the Nationals’ pursuit of Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb.
- Kendall Rogers of Yahoo! Sports and Rivals.com lists UK among his declining NCAA programs, writing “After failing to reach a postseason again last season, the Wildcats are declining and on the verge of turning back into an SEC afterthought.”
- Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com profiles former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks, who was traded by the A’s to the Royals in the David DeJesus deal.
- One-time UK outfielder turned second baseman Jason Kipnis was 2-4 with a double and two RBI for the Peoria Javelinas of the Arizona Fall League.