Over the weekend Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com reports Florida Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla, who was born in Louisville, is likely to be traded after turning down a contract extension offer from the team. Since Rosenthal’s initial report, Uggla trade rumors have been running rampant. Check out a summary of those below:
- Joe Capozzi of The Palm Beach Post reports via Twitter that the Marlins will shop Uggla at this week’s GM meetings but will ask for a high price.
- Cappozi also tweets Uggla could still sign an extension, but both sides are very bitter toward each other.
- John Paul Morosi and Rosenthal run down the options for the Marlins.
- Buster Olney of ESPN.com tweets the Blue Jays have emerged as the favorites to acquire Uggla.
- Rosenthal and Morosi list the Tigers, Nationals, Braves, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Giants, Orioles and Cardinals as possible suitors for Uggla.