More Kentucky early signing period classes are coming in with Eastern Kentucky University signing six players, including two Kentucky natives. Check out some statistics from each signee with a new release quote from EKU head coach Jason Stein.
RHP Cody Creamer — John Hardin High School
- 2010 Stats: 7-5, 1.95 ERA, 84 SO, 74.2 IP
- Stein: “Cody is a big, strong right-handed pitcher with a high ceiling. He is a strike-thrower, and he should compete for a starting job early in his career as well.”
RHP Cameron Langfels — Paul Laurence Dunbar High School
- 2010 Stats: 4-2, 3.20 ERA, 25 IP
- Stein: “Cameron is a right-handed pitcher with a very high ceiling. His size, loose arm and worth ethic make it so that he will also compete for a starting gig. His baseball pedigree is also very impressive as he is the cousin of Jayson Langfels, who was an All-American here at EKU.”
LHP Nick Bozman — Huntsville, Ohio
- Pitched limited innings in high school
- Stein: “Nick is a lefty with a lot of potential, whose loose arm and size projects him to throw even harder in the future. He throws three pitches for strikes and he should in the mix to compete for a starting role early.”
RHP Andrew Wilson — Heartland Community College
- 2010 Stats: 3-0, 1.69 ERA, 19 SO, 16 IP
- Stein: “Andrew is one of the most polished JUCO pitchers we saw this fall. He showed the ability to throw four pitches for strikes and that ability will lead him to immediately compete for a weekend spot.”
INF/OF Shaun Ball — Walters St. Community College
- 2010 Stats: .379 BA, 59 R, 16 2bs, 6 HR
- Stein: “Shaun comes to us after playing two years at Walters State Community College, which is a powerhouse baseball program at the JUCO level. He is a very versatile athlete who can play the outfield or the infield. He runs well, and his left-handed bat will help us at the top of our lineup.”
OF — Demetrius Moorer — Homestead, Fla.
- 2010 Stats: .400 BA, 23 R, .503 OBP
- Stein: “Demetrius is a talented outfielder who can play all three spots. His best tool is his speed, and because he can handle the bat and has a great feel for the short game, we feel he could be at the top of our lineup someday.”
You can read the full EKU news release here.