Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Bill Ladson of MLB.com reports the Washington Nationals remain interested in signing former UK right-handed pitcher and Ashland native Brandon Webb, and a source tells him Webb is in no rush to make a decision. Ladson also notes Nationals senior advisor to the general manager Phil Rizzo was the scout who first filed a report on Webb while he was at UK and recommended him to the Diamondbacks.
- Ladson tweeted Monday afternoon that the Chicago Cubs and Texas Rangers have jumped ahead of the Nationals in the race to sign Webb.
- Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated reports Webb is already throwing and preparing as usual for Spring Training.
- Troy E. Renck of The Denver Post reports the Colorado Rockies are interested in Louisville native and former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch.
- Bill Madden of the New York Daily News speculates the Yankees may pursue Rauch after losing Kerry Wood to the Chicago Cubs.
- In the ongoing top 100 college players series College Baseball Daily (formerly The College Baseball Blog) ranks University of Kentucky sophomore right-handed pitcher Alex Meyer the No. 34 player in the country.
- Brian Foley of CBD also recently posted an interview with UK coach Gary Henderson.