With just one month left until the start of the college baseball season here are the latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- T. R. Sullivan of MLB.com breaks down Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb‘s new contract with the Texas Rangers. Webb will receive up to $4 million in bonuses for innings pitched alone.
- Sheldon S. Shafer of the Courier-Journal reports the Louisville Slugger Museum saw record attendance in 2010.
- Western Kentucky University‘s media relations department has posted a question-and-answer session with junior outfielder Jared Andreoli.
- Steve Gardner of USA Today breaks down the fantasy implications for former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch‘s signing with the Blue Jays, noting he may be the teams best option for saves.
- Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos declined to name a favorite between Rauch and Octavio Dotel in the closer race, saying both would compete for the opportunity in Spring Training.