Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- We reported last night via Twitter that former Morehead State University outfielder and right-handed pitcher Cameron Flynn has transferred to the University of Kentucky. Flynn batted .326 with 15 home runs for the Eagles in 2010 and will have to sit out a season as a transfer.
- Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com reports Philadelphia Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro said he will not trade former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton before Opening Day.
- Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com ranks Louisville Bats slugger Yonder Alonso MLB’s No. 5 first base prospect.
- Mayo ranks PRP alum Zack Cox the No. 8 third base prospect.
- J. J. Cooper of Baseball America reports on the Cincinnati Reds newfound organizational pitching depth, highlighted by several recent and current Louisville Bats.