Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- The Sun Belt Conference coaches have picked Western Kentucky University to finish fourth in the conference. The coaches also named WKU senior catcher Matt Rice, redshirt junior right-handed pitcher Rye Davis and junior outfielder Kes Carter to the preseason All-Sun Belt team.
- Nick Baumgardner of the Bowling Green Daily News reports the 2011 WKU team is not dwelling on the Hilltoppers’ late-season collapse last season.
- The Southeastern Conference has announced its 2011 television schedule, and the University of Kentucky will be featured in four national games this season: April 10 versus Auburn on CSS, April 23 versus Arkansas on FSN, April 28 at LSU on ESPNU and May 21 at Florida on Sports South.
- Brent Ingram of the UK media relations’ department also notes via Twitter that the Big Blue Sports Network will televise five to-be-announced UK home games.
- C. Ray Hall of The Courier-Journal reports the 2011 Louisville Bats figure to have plenty of familiar faces due to the depth of the Cincinnati Reds’ MLB roster.