Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Collegiate Baseball Newspaper has named University of Kentucky junior right-handed pitcher Alex Meyer one of its three national players of the week for his Sunday 13-strikeout performance.
- While the University of Louisville did not break into the Baseball America top 25 after its impressive showing at the Big East/Big Ten Challenge, the Cards did move up to No. 1 in College Baseball Daily‘s top 25 mid-major poll. Western Kentucky University checked in at No. 20 in the poll after sweeping Bowling Green St.
- Baseball America correspondent Joel Poiley profiles the Cards’ excellent weekend pitching performance and talks to redshirt sophomore right-handed pitcher Mike Nastold about his return from Tommy John surgery.
- Troy Renck of The Denver Post reports Colorado Rockies right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, who was born in Fort Campbell, skipped a bullpen session this weekend due to a sore shoulder.
- T. R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports the Texas Rangers have decided to not let Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb throw off a mound again until he builds up more arm strength, which might put his availability for the beginning of the season in doubt.
- UK has launched an interactive website for its baseball team.