Recap of Tuesday collegiate baseball action and other notes from around Kentucky baseball:
- Murray State University dropped to 0-4 on the season with an 8-4 loss to Arkansas St. despite five solid innings of work from junior right-handed pitcher Tyler Beers. The junior-college transfer rebounded from a poor performance in his first start last Friday to surrender just two hits in five scoreless innings while striking out eight and walking none. Junior second baseman Travis Isaak was 3-5 with one run scored. Freshman left-handed pitcher Kyle Cornett took the loss after surrendering four runs on two hits without recording an out. Junior first baseman Jacob Rhodes was 2-5 with three RBI. (Box Score)
- You can read BluGrass Baseball‘s full recap of the University of Kentucky 12-3 win over Morehead State Universityhere.
- Senior right-handed pitcher Brian Edelen will start for Western Kentucky University Wednesday in its game versus Lipscomb.
- Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb had no ill-effects after a long-toss session Tuesday morning.
Tuesday player of the day: OF Chad Wright (UK)
- Stats: 3-4, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 2B
- Honorable Mention: Thomas McCarthy (UK), Matt Reida (UK), Nick Duff (Morehead St.), Travis Isaak (Murray St.), Jacob Rhodes (Murray St.)
Tuesday pitcher of the day: RHP Tyler Beers (Murray St.)
- Stats: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO
- Honorable Mention: Walter Wijas (UK) Matthew Robertson (Morehead St.)